knitxcore.: The End Has No End...

Sunday, June 25, 2006

The End Has No End...


It's Finished!!!

Just in time! The shower is in a few hours... I did modify the pattern for my needs: I only used one strand (concerned that i would run out of yarn), i went down a needle size, and i cut the border in half (hoping to speed things up).
it's been soaked, washed, wet blocked and ironed (don't tell the knitting gods!). The blanket is pretty soft and drapes beautifully, i cant help to think it may be because of my modifications.. hehe.
Here is a close up of the edge-

My yarn from StickChick came the other day. It's amazingly soft, and much shinier than the pics suggest!!! I can't wait to dye it! We're going to do 3 different blues, it's his favorite color :-) I tried to take an artsy blog pic for you guys-


Next Up:

-finishing the reverse bloom washcloth from Weekend Knitting


2 comments:

Obsidian Kitten said...

yay blankie! you hafta tell us: did anyone cry at the shower? lolol

ooooh, nice yarn. and pretty pic! very artsy and whatnot. *giggle* so do let me know how it goes with the socks...you know i'm still too scared to make anything that involves shaping for appendages.

Midnight Purls said...

Aw, I wish I could have seen the blanket in person. Do tell though, did they all oooh and aaaah over it at the shower? I hope so!

Let me know when you guys are going to be dying up your yarn! I'll join you (and bring the dyes LOL.) I can't wait! Once the yarn's all dyed up, we can start on our shibori experiment!