knitxcore.: OMG! I have 2 weeks to knit a baby blanket...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

OMG! I have 2 weeks to knit a baby blanket...


That's right, i was just invited to a friend's sister's baby shower. Of course, because I'm crazy, the first thing i say is. "I want to knit her a baby blanket!". Stupid big mouth!!! UgH! I've only been knitting for about a year or so, and I haven't made one yet. First instinct is to take the easy way out, so i pulled out the ol' SnB book, dusted it off and remembered the Big Bad Baby Blanket. I found this hand painted yarn, a cast off from a friend, in my obscenely large stash hamper and thought it would be perfect. In fact, i shouldn't be working on this blog, after all I only have 2 weeks....

4 comments:

Midnight Purls said...

Oooh I remember that yarn! Handpainted wool, 1 pound of it, 1120 yards!

It's perfect for a baby blanket! If you don't want to knit the blanket though, there are baby bibs and a baby komono in the Mason-Dixon Knitting book you can take a look at!

BEESTLYproducts said...

i started the blanket, it' easy so it's going quick...

Midnight Purls said...

Can't wait to see it. Maybe I can come up this weekend, I've got a ton of knitting to show you as well. Wait until you see the Nina Shawl. I love the colors. I'm glad I went with your suggestion on them!

Obsidian Kitten said...

i've only been knitting since dec.05 and i made the bigbadblanket for friends who adopted a baby this spring (lol, me too, shower = must knit baby blanket)

gorgeous yarn, it's a cute pattern, i did something a little different with it (put a chinese character in the middle, i can't let anything be simple) but the seed stitch border is really nice, the size is good, and it worked up pretty quickly for me. lots of latenite X-Files reruns eased the long-row-tedium w/my knitting ADD

it's archived as Life Blanket(Apr 06) on my blog if you're curious what a 3-4 mo. old knitter made of the S'n'B pattern