knitxcore.: Erase Errata?

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Erase Errata?



So here I am, minding my own business... Making my way thru the extensive X-mas knitting list, and I wonder why the glove I'm currently making is enormous? I used sport weight yarn (Knitpicks Ambrosia) and size 1 needles, I cast on exactly 90 stitches. Why does said glove have an almost 10 inch circumference??? Who's hand is this big??? Where on earth would this be considered a women's small?




I calmed down and remembered that Midnight Purls once had shown me the errata page for MDK. I was so happy to remember something useful for once, and not just something stupid like,"Leonardo Dicaprio is a scorpio". Armed with my new knowledge, I immediately googled "handknit holidays errata", to find out that there is NOT an errata page for this book. After a trip though blogland, it seems many of you have had this exact problem. What do we do now? How can I make these gloves not look stupid?

In light of today's events, I'll leave you with a sweet video for an ironically named band "Erase Errata::



any suggestions or secret errata pages will be rewarded.... :-)

5 comments:

Deneen said...

And I was just going to ask you for the link??

Anonymous said...

I took a look at my book (I want to knit this pattern for my mom) and it looks like you start with 90 sts and then decrease to 60 sts once you have finished 16 rounds of the Cable Rib. I think that will take care of the size issue:)

BEESTLYproducts said...

Oh nO!!!!! how did i miss that!!!!???? I'm going to have to rip back a lot.....

pins&needles said...

I just got through ripping up a knitting last night. I was steamed at myself, so don't worry. It happens to all of us.

Wilma Fingerdu said...

convert the glove to a willie warmer for me...its hard to find things that lage for me ;-)