knitxcore.: WoW! #50

Friday, January 12, 2007

WoW! #50

Picture 068

So, this is my 50th post! I want to thank everyone who's been reading and incourage newbies to say "Hi!".

Picture 063

I finally have an FO for you all! I just finished up the Slip Stitch Hat from Knit.1. The slip stitch ribbing ended up looking pretty awesome! It's a very simple variation on a 3X3 rib, on every other row you just slip 3 stitches with yarn in front. I'm pretty excited about completing my first top-down hat.

Picture 065

Pattern Particulars

Needles: Clover Takumi Size 6 DPN's

Yarn: Shanghai Noon From Cool Buddha Tonic (Thanx, Charles!)

Time: Approx. 4 hours

Loved: The colorway of the yarn, the unique ribbing and it was a top-down hat.

Hated: The fact that I couldn't try it on during knitting, and the sizing was a bit off (i was on gauge!).

I've decided to throw some of my WIP's into the pond. I frogged a few things that I lost intrest in to focus on some more exciting/important projects. My new, shorter list includes: The Moderne Log Cabin Blanket from Mason-Dixon Knitting, HelloYarn's Besotted Scarf, The second damned Knuck from Knitty, and the Vintage Beaded Gloves I messed up a while ago.

Dave bought me "Knitting With Balls" for X-mas, and he did a great job picking out a knitting related gift. There are some pretty great patterns inside that I won't have to tweak much to fit me. There's an amazing argyle sweter vest and a bunch of pretty fun stuff in great fiber choices. I can't wait to tackle a sweater or a vest this year. I'm really excited about the awesome modern men's patterns in this book.

Currently Rockin':

Artist: Daniel Johnston

Album: Hi, How Are You?

"Daniel Dale Johnston (b. January 22, 1961 in Sacramento, California). Johnston suffers from bipolar disorder with psychotic features and religious preoccupation to the point where he has had to be hospitalized intermittently and his attempts at independent living have been largely unsuccessful. Johnston was the subject of the 2005 documentary The Devil and Daniel Johnston. He currently lives with his parents in Waller, Texas.
Johnston has been classified as an outsider musician. His 'songs' are typically painfully direct, and often display a disturbing blend of childlike naïveté with darker, "spooky" themes. Johnston's 'singing' voice is rather high-pitched, and his performances often seem faltering or uncertain; one critic writes that Johnston's recordings range from "spotty to brilliant". -Wikipedia.com

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

IAM RALLY HAPPY HAPPY TO SEE THAT HAT!!!!

I was wondering about the yarn!!!!
GREAT HAT!!!!

Iam really pround!!!!

Anonymous said...

I will send more yarn to you!!!
Kyle your rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

my god. brilliant minds think alike!! i am currently knitting a vest....based on the pattern from knitting with balls. which i also got this christmas!! i'm also concurrently working on a top-down hat. NO WAY. perhaps we're knitting twins, hahahahaha

congrats on your 50th!

BEESTLYproducts said...

Charles~
My name is Robbie :-)

Anonymous said...

That yarn is pretty. Ilike the patttern of the hat I may pirate the concept.

Anonymous said...

Robbie--I really like the hat! I also make hats from the top down and really like the technique, as you can continue to build the crown until you reach the desired diameter for the body. And I think Charles' yarn was a great choice for the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Great hat, and congrats on 50 posts!

Anonymous said...

Glorious hat and great yarn. Congrats on 50!
Holly

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 50!
I really love the top down hat! Colors are great and the slip rib looks amazing! Never tried a top down hat...you may inspire me to do so...

Midnight Purls said...

Love the hat. That stitch pattern is awesome, as is the yarn! Can't wait to see you working on that log cabin. Maybe we should motivate each other to finish them up. I'm hoping to have mine finished in time for V-Day, but I doubt that will happen.

Linda said...

just saying Hi!...LOVE the hat :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi from another corner of Jersey! That hat is rad. And congrats on 50!

I purchased yarn for Knucks recently. I have yet to try them, I've tried gloves before and they did not go well so we shall see...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 50th post! I really like your hat. The yarn is fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

THAT is sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Great hat! I'm jealous XD