knitxcore.: theme dye swap questionnaire

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

theme dye swap questionnaire

What is/are your favorite fiber/s to knit with? Wool, ol' scratchy wool.

What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Acrylic, and angelina.

How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? a couple of years, i'm self-taught ala Stitch and Bitch by debbie stoller.

Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Intermediate to advanced, I've done a lot and am always willing to branch out.

What's your favorite scent? Anything that smells like food or dirt (i.e. vanilla or patchouli)

Do you have a sweet tooth? Heck yes, epesh for dark choclate.

Favorite candy? Gummies. (bears, fish, worms... u know.)

What other crafts do you like to do? I embroider, sew, decopauge, and just about anything. I just learned how to needle felt.

Do you spin? not yet.

What's your favorite color(s)? I like green, alot. I also love neon color schemes.

What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Hats, mostly, but i like to make little whimsies every now and then.

What are you knitting right now?A sock, a Noni Bag, A log cabin blanket, and a cabled scarf. maybe a few dishcloths.

Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course! the beauty of a handmade gift is priceless.

Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I prefer straight needles but I use circulars when the task calls for it.

Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have a ball winder but no swift.

How old is your oldest UFO? Around a year! who says you can't knit a blanket on size 6's.

Is there anything that you collect? Yarn, Mooses, Stuffies, pins.

Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I love Noro Pattern books, but they're soooo hard to get your hands on, and of course anything by Cat Bordhi. I really love Crafty Alien's lil' animal patterns too.

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? none, i love the thrill of the hunt.

When is your birthday? November 9th, imma sexy scorpio.

Finally, what are your four themes?
1. Eighties (think KIDS incorporated!)


2. Crayons (like primary colors)


3. Outdoors (grass and flowers)


4. Granny's Wallpaper (orange & brown, green & gold.... like a 70's kitchen?)

7 comments:

Indie Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indie Mama said...

love the belle and sebastian on the playlist = )

Shadkitty said...

Mooses :)

I have a swift and no ball winder. Because I can afford a ball winder, I just haven't bought one. lol

pins&needles said...

what the heck is angelina? I would imagine that if you don't like it, I probably wont either.

BEESTLYproducts said...

it's scratchy glitter strips, sorta like easter grass.... a lot of people have been spinning in in their yarn.

Jana said...

Ahh yes, kids incorporated. Martika, pre-her "Toy Soldiers" recording career.

Obsidian Kitten said...

hey, so how'd the needle-felting go? (or did i miss the post? i'm such a slacker lately...)

and i have the granny color scheme in my kitchen too...only it's not nearly as nice as your granny's...