knitxcore.: Yarn Crawl: A mini-series.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Yarn Crawl: A mini-series.

RTM

We begin our adventure at Reading Terminal Market. (i'm going to skip over the public transportation parts. lol.) It's pretty much a giant farmer's market/grocery store. I picked up some pumpkin spice coffee at Old City Coffee and stopped by Our Daily Bread (an amish bakery) for a donut. There were some many cute lil' places, I can't even begin to start listing them all. My favorites were Tea Leaf, Inc., Flying Monkey Patisserie and of course Old city Coffee.


rosies

Our first stop was Rosie's Yarn Cellar, on 20th and Locust-ish. If you didn't know it was there, you'd walk right by it but my lovely "tour guide" knew exactly where to go. They had a lot of stuff in their tiny space. Tons of Rowan and Cascade Yarns filled the cubbies all over the walls, while baskets held more exciting independent fibers from well-known etsy sellers. The people that worked in the shop were super-friendly and helpful, not only with yarn-type matters but our public transit fiasco. I picked up some Rowan 4 ply scottish tweed to make MochiMochiLand's Uh-ohs and some notion-y type stuff for a certain blogger's X-mas gift.

rowhomes

A walk past some adorable rowhomes will lead us to the next shop...


to be continued...

<3

knitxcore.






6 comments:

Meghan said...

I think Wilbur- I mean Philbert- confuzzled your sock for some yummy greens.

I feel all important- "tour guide".

Crafty Andy said...

Thanks for sharing, looks like you are having as much fun as the readers!!!

Crochet Goddess said...

It sounds like you had a great day. Your pictures and very good. The rowhouse are very pretty.

Shadkitty said...

Squee! I have been to Rosie's! Good times. :) Only, it wasn't open. Go to Loop and say hi to Elizabeth for me!

Jana said...

I love Reading Terminal-the pretzel place and the ice cream place are awesome. There used to be a vegitarian place where I used to eat all the time even though I'm not vegitarian. So Reading Terminal and Rosie's? Sounds like a very promising start to a yarn crawl!

Anonymous said...

I love yarn crawls. Can't wait to see the rest.

Knit on!