knitxcore.: E is for Etsy!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

E is for Etsy!

Everyone loves Etsy.com.

I've been sort of obsessed recently.


vinyl wall decals

These lil' birdies came in saturday-ish? I put them up immediately. I'v been looking for alternatives to paint (we rent) to make it a lil' more exciting. These wall decals from VinylWallArt hit the spot. Check out the Quail, I love it :-)

lomo kitty

Adrienne is quite the scratcher! She destroyed her old reflective collar. I had this lil' polka dot guy from theModernPet in my faves forever! I'm so glad no one else bought it before me. The collar is actually pretty well made, and most importantly has that safety clip that pops the it off if it were to get caught on something. (I know the picture is blurry but, it tooks few treats to get her to sit that still.)

smallworldcoffee

Last, but certainly not least, we have BrainScan coffee. I bought a half pound to try it out first. I can be really picky about coffee, I know what I like. It seems Starbucks leaves a strange ashy aftertaste anymore, so I figured it was time to move on. Alex hand roasts organic fair trade beans for the tastiest brew on the block. I'm sort of addicted to her Small World blend (1/2 Sumatra, 1/2 Costa Rican). It's delicious and there is no coffee belly ache if I skip breakfast.



in other news:

-I'm just about finished a pair of socks! They should be done in a few days.

-I've planted some Basil and Parsley, and had an issue with some Tom Thumb pea seeds (cutest thing ever!). Luckily, I found some more and they should be here soon.

-I've been working on a reversible apron for quite a while, and just realized I cut a few pieces on the wrong side!!!!!! I don't have anymore of the fabric and neither does the place I bought it. I may just keep going and assemble a panel or two backwards.




---Miranda July Makes Buttons---

So, that's how buttons are made?
I had no clue until now! I'm not sure if I'd have the patience for that "ferberization" step.




<3
knitxcore.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Ugh, that wall art is just awesome! I really wish I hadn't seen that.

lupinbunny said...

How's the vinyl wall art work? Like, how does it stick? Does it really come off mark-free?
<3 a fellow renter who is currently precariously propping artworks atop of power points or blu-tacking them to the side of her bookshelves.

Charles said...

Owl looks so cute! Iam going to order mine too!

Ooooo..You at you you! You been bad boy..buying Etsy stuff!

Awesome cat!Cute!

Emma said...

Yay! I love seeing other people's etsy purchases.

Marlena said...

Brilliant idea on the decals! I rent also, and always want to spruce the place up. Thanks for the link!