knitxcore.: F is for FO

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

F is for FO

F is for FO

I just finished a pair of socks I started in January, the sad part is that there just plain ol' stockinette socks. No cables, or fancy ribbing just generic toe-up socks. I\
]=mmediately upon finishing them I decided I wanted to take the FO pic outside, outside where it rained last night. I was pretty much standing in mud. Oh! The things I'll do for a good photo.

Pattern Particulars

Pattern Source:
Wendy's Fingering Weight Toe-Up socks with Gusset Heel
Needles: 32" US Size 1 Addi Turbos
Materials: Hobbledehoy Merino Sock Yarn in Pop Quiz
Time: Longer than it should have ever taken. I started these in January.

loved: Not picking up any stitches for the heel!!!!!!
hated: I casted off sort of tightly, and I'm not going back to fix it.

Notes: I followed the pattern for the Large size, and did a 3X2 rib before casting off in pattern.


lomognome

I need to make something new for my mom for her birthday. I started an apron and realized I cut the pieces out wrong, so that's not going to work. I know that Branching Out pattern is supposed to be pretty simple for beginner lace, and I have some raw silk hanging around it may look nice in.

---FeedtheTrEE---

Belly - Feed the tree



<3
knitxcore.

7 comments:

E to the M said...

What about Kiri? That's supposed to be super easy for beginning knitters too.

Dave said...

Great socks, and a great photo of them, even if there is mud. :-) There's absolutely nothing wrong with plain socks. They do the job just as well as fancy ones, and they can be much more enjoyable to knit.

Anonymous said...

I love the color of that yarn!! And it looks like you ran into the same thing that I did with toe-up socks--casting off too tightly. Blah! Nice job, though!!

Charles said...

Hey Robbie~

OMG! You finally finsh does socks your working on! REALLY CUTE!
Background looks spooky does roms!
Watch Out! They gonna get you someday!!!

Really love the video!

Obsessed with knitting said...

mud on your new socks? **shudder**
they are nice!!

Vicki Knitorious said...

LOVE these photos!

Jana said...

Socks look great! I cast off too tightly too. There's a bind of I think if you google 'sewn bind off' or 'zimmermann bind off' you'll find it, it's just stretchy enough and really easy.