knitxcore.: patience is a virtue.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

patience is a virtue.

charade socks

i started these charade socks (ravelry link) in march.
i just finished them this morning. lol.
i tossed them in a basket and forgot about them for a few months.
yesterday, i picked them up and just plowed through the second sock.
tofutsies it the splitt-iest(?) yarn i have ever used.
the sad part is the finished socks are so comfortable, that the splitting isn't even a deal breaker.
i *might* use it again. one day.
i picked the worst colorway webs had on purpose, but it really grew on me.
after a few sizing issues, i ended up casting on 72 stitches and then just followed the pattern 'as is'.
i'm so happy to have an FO to share!!!!

what are you working on???

_________________________________

the wannadies - you and me song



<3
robbie.

7 comments:

Laura Gerencser said...

I'm working on some skirtS! Cool socks!!:)

LittleCanoe said...

still working on christmas gifts :(
i plan to start a pair of socks directly after!

patti said...

The socks are beautiful. I'm working on teaching a bunch of kids about the Kwakiutl. That's about all I can handle right now. Love your music, too!

E to the M said...

They're beautiful! I used that yarn once too but it was too splitty for me to complete the project. I wonder if it's still kicking around somewhere...
I'm working on Socks for Giving from Purl Bee for S in a superwash because we learned the hard way that hand wash socks are not a good idea for him.

micah said...

Good work man! It's going to be a good year for shooting down the UFO's! I finished a hat FINALLY I put it on Ravelry as my "Papas got a brand new hat" pattern. I'd have to knit it again to come up with a pattern.

jennifer said...

They look so cozy! Charade rules.

I'm plugging away at Girasole and also making a vest with southwestern-style colourwork (at least I think I am).

Paul said...

i want a pair

hehe