knitxcore.: sunday crush.

Sunday, April 04, 2010

sunday crush.

happy easter!



this week i'm crushing on:


1. found photo groups on flickr.

i find it fascinating that there are so many unclaimed photos, floating around thrift stores and yard sales, that no one wants anymore. i'm almost embarrassed by our 'disposable' heritage.
is it weird to feel nostalgic towards things you've never experienced?



2. mayer hawthorne

i was watching some interviews from SXSW and this guy stood out among all of those neon indians. he's been transported here from the 1960s to remind us of what good music is supposed to sound like.


Mayer Hawthorne- I Wish that it would Rain





2 comments:

LittleCanoe said...

I know what you mean. I've pulled whole picture albums out of the garbage. One of them was from over 100 years ago! How can people possibly dispose of such treasures? It's so sad.
Also, what a lovely song. A gem.

kaylah said...

This is an old post, but I had to comment. I know exactly what you mean, I don't understand how people can throw away family photos. "

"i'm almost embarrassed by our 'disposable' heritage.
is it weird to feel nostalgic towards things you've never experienced?" That is exactly how I feel, except minus "almost".