knitxcore.: dudecore: what i wore.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

dudecore: what i wore.

dude core

I spent all day learning new photo editing techniques! As you can tell, I'm pretty excited.
I've been trying to come up with a little title for these "what i wore" posts, and this was the best I could think of.

I know Iv'e already rambled on about my feelings concerning men's fashion, and in light of that I'd really like to do more style posts. I think that's men's fashion is a much different animal than women's. Women have a lot more options!

I don't care too much about labels, but I am very cautious of the way things fit. As a smaller dude, there aren't a lot of options. Every time I find good vintage, it's wayyy too big and most "sophisticated" retailers don't carry the sizes I need.

In order to find things that fit properly, you'll see me digging through the racks at decidedly teen retailers to find thing that fit appropriately. This outfit is a perfect example of that.

dudecore2

Plaid Shirt- American Eagle
Jeans- Old Navy (can you believe it?)
Topsiders- Sperry
Sunglasses- Hot Topic

Dudecore3

Coming Up...

-The Never-Ending Braided Rug.
-A Work in Progress; The Bathroom.
-The First Roll of Film From My Diana Mini
-Acrylic Stash-busting + Vintage Craft: God's Eye

...and much more

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence! I was just saying yesterday that I should do a 'what I wore' post. I have the same problem as you, I'm a smaller guy too and have to resort to girls/teen clothes. I often think I should just make my own. It's so good to see I'm not alone.

Reuben :D

Davitron said...

I think if it weren't for old navy, i'd never have any good clothes. They carry lots of stuff in my size that fit the way i like and are cute, so i go with it!

I hope plaid never goes out of style, because my wardrobe will be gutted if it does :C

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

if I get something vintage and it doesnt fit quite right- i take it to a taylor and for 5-10 bucks its perfectly fitted to me :)

love the goldy glitz.

rebecca said...

i want some bright sperry's! cute pics.

Anastasia said...

Yay! And there's nothing wrong with wearing "younger" clothes. It's so much cheaper sometimes, I often bop through the girls and pick up some XLs. They fit better a lot of the time.

Jada said...

I like a guy with fitted clothes because it just makes them look more sophisticated. Besides, baggy is way to messy and a turn off! I'm loving the shoes.

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Haha! I love playing around with photoshop and learning new stuff! Great photos :)

Anonymous said...

I have such a hard time finding nice clothes in my size - I'm 5'3".. :\
You seem to be doing well with Photoshop! :)

Colby Kern said...

I have the opposite problem of being really tall. It's hard to find thrifted clothing to fit. Love your outfit anyways :]

gwenstella said...

yes! plaid = boys' diamond. 'nuff said.

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

very cute! that is pretty much how my husband dresses every day once it is cool enough to wear long pants. love your shoes!