knitxcore.: Encyclopedia of Craft; Volume 1: Peasant Braids.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Encyclopedia of Craft; Volume 1: Peasant Braids.

finger weaving

I'm three projects into the Vintage Craft Encyclopedia project, and I am loving it! I'm really learning a lot about different techniques, and it's all been really interesting.

I had a little trouble figuring out how to finger weave. The directions weren't really that clear about how to start off. After a handful of times, I finally got it.

This little bracelet didn't really take long, about half an hour and it helped use up a little of the growing pile of acrylic yarns in the craft room.

peasant braid

Real Life Updates:

-The kitten is still wild! We are now sleeping on the couches, and letting her stay in our bedroom. It's the only room that seems to keep her quiet, and I'm willing to do anything for a little sleep at this point.

-There were so many good ideas for migraine remedies! I'll have quite the arsenal the next time one strikes. I wanted to thank each of you individually, but blogger seems to "block" everyone's email address in the comments. So, THANK YOU all!!!! I am seriously considering monitoring what I eat. I had no idea!

<3
Robbie.

peasant braid 2

Coming Up...

-Yard Sale Highlights!
-A Work in Progress; The Bathroom.
-The First Roll of Film From My Diana Mini
-Acrylic Stash-busting + Vintage Craft: God's Eye

...and much more

7 comments:

LittleCanoe said...

The fingerweaving projects look amazing! I want a belt made of one. I'm so intrigued. Good luck on the kitten!

sko_G knits said...

at first i thought you were going to talk about getting a fingerwave in your HAIR. then i realized you wrote fingerWEAVE.

i <3 your end product.i wanna make one now too.

Anonymous said...

That bracelet is nice. Good job! :)
I need a kitten. My sister took her oldest cat with her to Texas, who I started falling in love with while she was here for a year, it's sad. I used to hate cats, now I'm sad thinking about her gone. :\

Jada said...

Love the fingerweaving project! I want to make a bunch of these and give them out to my friends :)

gwenstella said...

ooohoooh i like this!!! this looks so much more complicated than the ones i used to make in grade 6 :P

diane said...

fingerweaving is awesome.

i'm already in love with this series.

and i simply need to have that purple shirt/dress/pantsuit that she's wearing. seriously. i need it.

Unknown said...

The kitten sleeps in the bedroom and you sleep on the couch?! Really? You need a kitten wrangler! ;)