knitxcore.: vinyl monday: hair.

Monday, August 08, 2011

vinyl monday: hair.

hair

Dave and I went to a Chinese buffet for dinner and I feel like I may have eaten far too much. I'm kind of drowsy. I can barely hold my head up. I'm a fool for those fluffy little donuts. I'm going to try to make this quick, because I'm going to feed the cat and hamster and then pass out on the couch.




When I was in that strange place between a teenager and an adult. You know the place, where you stay out late every night and drink like a fish? Yeah? It's near there. I would spend endless hours at my best friend Dan's house. His mom used to boil chicken in ketchup for dinner while we practiced jazzercise moves in his formal living room.



One (recovery) day, we sat on the couch until the sun went down watching his parents movies. That day was the first time I had ever seen "Hair"and it blew me away! If you haven't noticed, I have a sort of affinity towards the sixties/seventies; it seemed like "Hair" was created just for me!!!!




Dan and I aren't friends anymore, we both grew up; just in two very different ways. Our lives have both changed drastically, but I will never forget the smell of boiling ketchup or watching "Hair" three times in a row.

Are there any movies/plays/musicals that have had carved out a place in your memory?

<3
Robbie.

Coming Up...

-The Never-Ending Braided Rug.
-A Work in Progress; The Bathroom.
-The First Roll of Film From My Diana Mini
-Acrylic Stash-busting + Vintage Craft: God's Eye

...and much more

3 comments:

Erin Joy said...

Watching Krull in the basement of our house with a bowl of popcorn on a rainy day...seeing Romeo and Juliet eleven times the summer I was fourteen...getting to see The Never-Ending Story in the darkened school cafeteria in the fifth grade...

Anastasia said...

I THINK I AM IN THAT PLACE.

My Mormon friend and I used to sing "Hair" songs in math class. We are not friends anymore either :/ such is life.

Colby Kern said...

Saw Hair on the West End in London. Loved it! A little different story line from the movie. I always prefer stage productions though.