knitxcore.: Retro Read-a-long: "James and the Giant Peach"

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Retro Read-a-long: "James and the Giant Peach"

JAMES AND A PEACH 1

We all know how much I love books and Pip, so I was really excited to join Meet me at Mike's Retro Read-a-long!!!!! We're reading "James and the Giant Peach" by Roald Dahl. It has been ages since I've taken the time to enjoy some classic kid-lit, and I'm the most happy that this is the very first selection. I love Roald Dahl!
I found this copy on Ebay for less than $5, and it's in wonderful shape. I'd go dig it out and tell what year it's from, but I really don't feel much like getting up. The pictures are dreamy! You should join!!!! I'm sure it will be super fun!

<3
Robbie.


JAMES AND A PEACH 2

Coming up...

-Punching a Rug
-Book Report: "The Alchemist"
-A Work in Progress: Bird Mask.
-and maybe a finished sock?

...Stay Tuned!!!!!

4 comments:

Anastasia said...

I keep trying to get my sister to watch the movie with me, because I feel too guilty to read the book (i.e. really I should be reading big girl books). One of my childhood favvssss

Jessi said...

I have never read this or seen the movie - I should did out my daughter's copy!

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Looks like you found a beautiful copy

Jo said...

Beautiful book - great memories.