knitxcore.: New Year's Eve + Pizza.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve + Pizza.

homemade pizza

Dave is sick tonight, so we decided to ring in the new year at home. He's got some ugly sore throat thing; kinda sounds like Bea Arthur.

His mom usually makes homemade pizza on New Year's Eve, so even though we chose to stay at home we still held on to that tradition (even though it meant cheating on our 28-day cleanse) and made our own.

I finally got the opportunity to use the Kitchen-Aid mixer that I got from Santa. I definitely over-salted the dough, but it's still pretty good!

We used Tyler Florence's recipe and subbed half of the white flour for wheat, it still worked very nicely.

There's an hour and a half until the ball drops!!! Untill then, we're gonna hang out on the couch and watch the Big Bang Theory and eat pizza.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pizza look so delicious, and what a great way to spent new years.i been spending my new years at home for the pass years but this year i decided to spent it with the in-laws.i love big band theory + pizza so i would not mind spending all my nights like that =)

Grateful4Crochet said...

Happy New Year, we also rang in the New year on the couch, but with ribs for my partner, and lentils for me, and watching green Wing.
Hope the New Year is great for you!!!
Hope Dave gets better soon

Anonymous said...

I've been sick, too! :\ It sucks, but it sounds like a great New Year's Eve nonetheless!
Hope you have a great 2012!

Jessi said...

Happy NY!!