knitxcore.: BFFL Knitting.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

BFFL Knitting.

knitting

A few years ago, I taught my friend Kellyn how to knit. After a few garter stitch scarves, life got in the way, but as of last week, we've got her back!

She jumped back in with Vickie Howell's triangle scarf kerchief thingie and finished it in 2 days, and immediately graduated to a sleeveless sweater! I wish I had been such a fearless beginner!

The best part about her knitting is that now she can come to Tuesday Night Knitting Club, without empty hands. I'm so proud of her!

She just signed up for Ravelry so go add her as a friend: DejaloLove.

I cant wait to see what else she makes :-)



7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, her second project is a garment?! Colour me impressed! ^_^

Grateful4Crochet said...

Thats awesome!
My sons girlfriend was trying to teach me the concept pof knitting last night with two upside down crochet hooks. I have some type of weird block but when it comes to knitting, just cant fathom it!

Colby Kern said...

I want to learn to knit! Oh, have I told you how much I love your new blog look? Well, I love it.

Veggie Mama said...

I can't come back! I'm never coming back!

LittleCanoe said...

That's awesome! It took me years before I started a sweater. Wow!

eliza said...

dude! i was stuck on garter scarves for years before i attempted anything else! impressive!

Batty said...

I try to teach my friends and they give up so quickly. She sounds pretty amazing. Sleeveless sweater is intimidating!