knitxcore.: BFFs!

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

BFFs!

owl pincushion

I'm so glad that Jaqi invited me to join her Tuesday night knitting group last summer!  It's been an incredible year! Being self-taught, I missed out on the more social aspects of knitting for more than 5 years. Knitting was really a solitary act for me, up until last May.

Fortunately, the group and their proprietor, Lea, welcomed me with open arms. Lea and I have so much in common that we easily become such great pals! I look forward to seeing her every week and catching up; I feel lost when she isn't there.

I eventually started begging her to blog. Seriously, this woman is my crafty godmother! She really has done it all, and she can answer any question I have about anything! She is the coolest girl I know!

Anyway, to make a long story short, she made me this incredible owl pincushion for the encouraging comments I leave for almost every one of her posts. I adore it! i can't wait to go sew something and use it :-)

Go visit her and say "Hi!", tell her Robbie sent 'ya!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a sweetie-pie, Robbie! Knitting friends are so special, and that friend-making aspect is one of my fave things about the craft. ^_^

Stela said...

LOVE the owl pincushion she made you!! What an awesome idea!

LittleCanoe said...

That is really quite incredible! What a creative idea!

Lilea said...

Awe, shucks! It was nothing. (I'm dangerously close to making this comment into a thank-you for the thank-you for the thank-you, but I won't.)

Here's to more years ahead!

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

that owl is so cool! what a good idea!

Anna said...

Is that the owl that was featured in your sun tea picture? It's lovely!

Jaqi Moon said...

I'm so happy you came out that first time, I loved everyone there but it was awesome having an old acquaintance among them, especially one who would come to be a such a close friend with all of the similarities we discovered :D

Lisa said...

Ooo, that owl pincushion is *so awesome*!