knitxcore.: Goodbye, Gus!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Goodbye, Gus!


As some of you (the ones who follow on Instagram and Facebook) already know, Gus died yesterday (hence, no Vinyl Monday).

In the morning he enjoyed a blueberry with me, but by the time I got home from work he was gone. I was pretty shook up but, I made him a pretty little place to rest with washi tape, brown paper and a little box. I hope he's comfy.

He was afforded a very long and luxurious hamster life and he was definitely the best little muse I have ever had.

I'll miss him tons! It's really hard to go into the studio and see his empty cage on the worktable. I may craft on the couch for a few days before I'm comfortable enough to go clean out his cage and put it away.

I'll miss you lil' bear!


12 comments:

Grateful4Crochet said...

So sorry to hear about Gus!!!!
such crappy and sucky news!!!
hope you are doing OK
xx

eliza said...

i am so sorry to hear about gus, robbie!

flossieKNITS said...

oh no!! sorry to hear you lost your friend. but what a lucky muse he was, to share one last blueberry with you.

Lisa said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry Robbie! I hope you are doing ok, and remembering all the good times you had with Gus.

Inthesky said...

How sad. :( Gus had a long and busy life. It sounded as though he had a luxurious life compared to most 'rodents'. His long life was due to the the superior snacks you shared and the the superior company. Clean out his little abode and go and 'rescue' another! I am sure Gus would want you to. (((Hugs)))

Sian said...

oh gus! i'm so sorry.xx

Cath Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I lost my dog earlier this year and I still miss her heaps. Furrry friends really can leave a hole in our lives. My heart goes out to you!

Leah said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. :(

Kira said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, losing a pet is always so hard!

Unknown said...

Oh Robbie, that's terrible :(

Marlena said...

My condolences! I also left my rat cage for a few days after my last rattie passed on. It' so hard to let go of the sweet little guys.

halfwhiteboy said...

aww... sorry to hear that.
my condolonces...

http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/