knitxcore.: PERFECT HAIR FOREVER: My first hair dryer.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

PERFECT HAIR FOREVER: My first hair dryer.

hair collage


There's been a lot of talk on Facebook and Instagram about my hair lately; talk I haven't initiated. I swear. To keep it as simple as possible, I intend to grow it out. How long? No idea. I figure eventually it's going to turn grey of start falling out, so I want to have one last hurrah before the day I have to start cleaning out the drain in the bath tub.

I started thinking about it, and all of the men's hair information on the web is geared towards either really sharp, clean cuts or overly styled editorial stuff. Only a very small number of the tutorials I came across were actually reasonable and so I've decided to explain what I took away from them along with what I learned through trial and error.

First things first.... A BLOW DRYER IS THE GREATEST INVENTION EVER. Before I bought a blow dryer, I left good hair days up to fate. Sometimes it looked okay, others were not okay at all. Now, just about everyday is the best hair day ever. Most of the ladies out there probably know how awesome hair dryers can be, but us boys are still in the dark ages of towel-dried hair and cheap Dep hair gel.

In experimenting with my new blow dryer and it's little box of attachments, I found that each one provides a sort of different look. When I use the diffuser, I get really fluffy almost curly locks and when I use the concentrator things look a little more refined. See?


hair finished

And so,this is the first lesson for the boys:
Don't be afraid of the blowdryer, use it.; it's a tool, after all. The first couple of times, it's gonna be awkward but you'll get the hang of it. I promise.

Take control of your look!


14 comments:

Eartha Kitsch said...

Why, I had no idea that boys didn't know about blow dryers yet! Fascinating! It's looking good. Good luck on growing it out!

Erin Joy said...

Meeee-oooowwww! Love both looks, Robbie. But my favorite? My ceramic flat steam iron. Wet to dry in seconds - perfectly perfect every time.

meetmeatmikes said...

I LOVE this post!!! Look at your rad hair, Robbie! xx

meetmeatmikes said...

I LOVE this post!!! Look at your rad hair, Robbie! xx

meetmeatmikes said...

I LOVE this post!!! Look at your rad hair, Robbie! xx

Cassy said...

Love love both the diffuser and the concentrator looks. Nice hair!!!

Lisa said...

Blowdryers are fab things! I really like your diffuser look ^_^

rental mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Sian said...

your hair does look super beautiful! i don't have a hairdryer.... like your pre-dryer days, i leave my hair to chance... turns out i'm like a boy....
oh i rarely brush or cut my hair either, i really need to step up.

Karo said...

looks great, I use a great hair dryer that works amazingly, it's the karmin g3 which is professional and leaves my hair soft and smooth. :)

Karo said...

looks great, I use a great hair dryer that works amazingly, it's the karmin g3 which is professional and leaves my hair soft and smooth. :)

p.mcg said...

I'm growing my hair out also - let's see who lasts the longest ;>

Colby Kern said...

I love my blowdryer! I doubt I could live without it.

BlowDryerHair said...

The Andis ACM-1 82075 is a great hair blow dryer 1875W that comes with a diffuser... BlowDryerHair